Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Lionfish Update and great video...


Dear Coral List,

Earlier this year I read this post with interest as I have seen evidence of the Carribean Lionfish invasion on all my trips to the area. I was due to visit Roatan Island and was curious to see the behaviour recorded and how it fit into the local authorities attempts to manage the species. The post below initiated a lot of discussion on the list so I thought the video produced of what I found on the island would be of relevance.

Here is the link: http://vimeo.com/channels/jonslayer

Best Regards,

Jon

Jon Slayer
jon@jonslayer.net
www.jonslayer.net


Dear Colleagues,
Last week I had an amazing dive in Roatan during which a nassau grouper and mutton snapper closely followed our fearless lionfish hunter - and the mutton snapper actually ended up eating the lionfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment